This Asian Noodle in Mason Jar recipe is perfect to add to your Meal Prep
The bright red of the peppers and the bright white of the rice noodles will open your appetite. You can also add a touch of green with fresh cilantro and lime slices.
This meal is packed with flavor. Soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil add its Asian touch to the noodles and the addition of tahini sauce adds a creamy texture to the sauce.
The crunchy side is added by the pepper and the tofu! You must use extra firm tofu for this recipe to get the desired texture.
These Asian Noodle in Mason Jar are a tasty and the perfect lunch to add in your meal prep of the week.
THE LUNCH BOX
It’s important to have a healthy lunch box. It should include fresh fruit, crunchy vegetables, and a combination of protein and carbohydrates.
Foods to put in a lunchbox
- Fresh fruit
- Crunchy vegetables
- A protein-based food such as a hard-boiled egg, peanut butter, hummus,
- Starchy foods such as bread, roll, pita bread crackers
Tofu is made from curdled fresh soy milk, which has been compressed into blocks. It is generally 100% gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan.
Tofu has a neutral flavor that easily absord any seasoning you want to add.
Tofu is a vegetarian protein rich in calcium and protein. Tofu is also a great source of amino acids and is low in calories. Try to buy your tofu Organic or GMO-free
There are two main categories of tofu – silky or firm. The silky tofu is soft and liquidy because it contains a high volume of water content. Firm tofu can be medium, firm or extra-firm. For this recipe, you will need firm or extra-firm tofu.
Asian Noodle in Mason Jar
These Asian Mason Jar Noodles are a tasty and perfect lunch to add in your meal prep of the week.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Asian
- ½ packet of rice noodles (cooked)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tsp. miso paste
- 3 tsp of tahini
- 1 tbsp of red curry paste
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp oil
- Fresh cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 lime
1. Heat the oil in a pan and brown the diced tofu with the garlic and ginger for about 5 minutes. Put aside.
2. For the sauce, add the miso, tahini, red curry paste, soy sauce, sesame oil to the mason jar and stir to combine.
3. All the ingredients in the Mason jar one at the time. Start with cooked rice noodles, then add the chopped red pepper, diced fried tofu, green onion, and garnish with the cilantro, sesame seed and lime. Seal carefully.
4. You can eat it directly from the Mason jar or place it in a bowl.